Chances are if you haven’t already had a HydraFacial, you’ve heard of it. It’s the facial performed with a small suction device that targets everything from oily and congested pores, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and delivers an instant glow. In fact, it’s performed every 15 seconds in the USA!
Why the HydraFacial is SO popular
It’s pretty rare to find a facial that works for almost all skin types and has zero-downtime, but the HydraFacial is that facial, and it’s one of the reasons it’s so popular. This facial is for both men and women of all demographics and ages. It can be used for those who have extremely dry skin to those prone to oilier skin. It’s also particularly requested over the winter time when dry skin is the norm. In addition, it comes highly requested prior to big events such as weddings or parties because it delivers that extra glow.”
What to expect from the HydraFacial
There are several steps involved in the hydra facial. You start off by cleansing the skin, followed by a light toner in order to prime the skin for the next step, which is the dermabrasion. This rids your skin of all impurities and allows it to be more receptive to the infusion of glycolic and salicylic acid. Once the peels are applied, the extraction phase of the facial takes place. This is followed by the final step, which is a hyaluronic peptide infusion to restore moisture and glow.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Detox. This step increases lymphatic circulation in your skin by moving a metal suction device along your lymphatic system. Better lymphatic circulation not only helps move out toxins but also increases blood flow, providing extra oxygen to invigorate the skin.
- Exfoliation. The exfoliating, vacuum-like tip is passed all over the skin to gently remove dead skin cells, while all at the same time delivering a revitalizing serum (customized to your skin type) to hydrate and protect the skin.
- Acids. To clean deeply into pores, a glycolic or salicylic solution is pressed all over the skin which helps to decongest pores and brighten the skin. They used a high strength, 15% salicylic treatment on our oily skin, and yes, it stung!
- Extraction. A weird water and suction treatment then takes place (using a vortex-extraction nozzle) to gently draw out whiteheads, blackheads, and oil trapped in pores. This is the step that helps you get tiny, tight pores!
- Serum-infusion. The final step for many treatments is the application of a nourishing serum that drenches skin with potent, protecting antioxidants, collagen-supporting peptides, and hydrating hyaluronic acid. It will leave your skin feeling insanely soft, plump and it helps smooth out the appearance of fine lines.